Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I Know How to Flatline Without Taking a Life

Nothing too thrilling, just a couple of pages of boxes in blue.

More important, I've started changing my habits with regard to drawing. More and more, I'm sitting down in the evenings with sketchbook in hand, instead of playing games or net-surfing. This is a positive thing, and probably equal parts knowing I have to put in the work to get better and confidence gained from the past few weeks of shape and mass practice. I'm starting to branch out as well, doing gesture studies and basic head shapes on large newsprint and doing life drawing on the bus home after work. I've got a ways to go to be good at either, of course, but I've come to accept that I'm not good at anything right out of the gate. Everything takes practice, and if it takes breaking things down into the most basic of basic steps to really get the idea, then so be it. That's what the summer is for, after all.


No comments: