Thursday, June 3, 2010

More blobs

So this week was eventful in a way, in that I failed to get what I thought would be an absolutely perfect job for me, leaving me still jobless. And with 1/4 of my summer holidays already passed, you can imagine I'm rather nervous about the whole state of affairs. Last year I didn't get a job at all, despite having good qualifications for temp work, which I chalk up to a very dry clerical market last year.

However, the outlook is not totally bleak. I have a shift Saturday evening temping at a downtown hotel to work the front desk, which doesn't sound too bad. Especially if there's a chance it could lead to a lot more work at the same location, very easily accessible from my place. Problem is, most of the shifts they offer are 11pm to 7am, which isn't exactly the most preferable in the world. But what can I say, I can't be picky this late in the game. All I want to do is get through the summer to start classes again in September, and maybe build some skill and make a couple of bucks on the way. Not too much to ask, eh?

So blobs, that's what you're really here for. Much better to look at STILL NOT PENISES, I'M NOT LISTENING LA LA LA than to listen to me whine about employment.

Fun fact: This same exercise is what inspired my late, lamented (and it was lamentable, looking back at it now) webcomic, Xeno's Paradise. I think I'm understanding it better this time around, but it's nice to know something good came out of my earlier effort.






No comments: