Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Guess I got some new readers

Or maybe watchers, since it's all about the images here. But either way, a big thanks to CC for the surprise shout-out.

Just to let you know, I'm left-leaning politically, and like Slartibardfast I'm a great fan of science. So evolution is A-OK with me, no worries. Not particularly religious, but what's there is sort of non-practicing pagan with a smattering of Buddhism tossed in for flavour.

More importantly, since my head is mostly filled with fluff and art, I'm very much influenced these days by the French bande-dessinees. I used to be a big fan of Japanese manga, but the French have sort of taken over, starting with Spirou and going from there. You'll probably see more and more of their influence on me as time goes by, so you're getting in on the ground floor.

So that's it for the moment, I figure I'll have another head tilt post later since it's been three days since the last one, and maybe a page of hands for Frank Frink, since he suggested it. Gonna run over to I Draw Girls.com and see what Xia's got for tutorials, and see what I can come up with.

So that's that. Below are a couple of pages of what I've been doing the past couple of days. First is a page of relatively quick figure studies from stock photos, the second is a girl of my own devising using no reference, and some stuff drawn from Pierre Alary's wonderful Belladone BD. So much movement in his characters, I'd really like to learn how he puts them together.

More posts later.


No comments: