Saturday, January 2, 2010

Not the same

Two pages today, although I really should be doing more than that. Technically I'm still on holiday, but just as technically artists don't get holidays. So I'm allowed to feel like I'm not accomplishing much.

In any case, it's a study in how far along I am. The first page is my work, from photo reference. Certainly not my worst work, and just as certainly a damn sight better than what I was doing a year ago, or even six months. Or even two. The other is a page of "master studies" of famed artist Alphonse Mucha.

You can tell one from the other by the MASSIVE DIFFERENCE IN QUALITY.

What this tells me is, as far as I've come, there's a lot further to go yet. If I think I've gone half of half of halfway, I'm fooling myself, and I've got to work a LOT harder.

Thus endeth the lesson.


No comments: