Saturday, November 7, 2009

Ran

I watched this movie back in the 80's, when Wormwoods Dog and Monkey Cinema was still on the corner of Gottingen, right across from the Red Cross. I loved that location, and really didn't think much of the choice to move to the old Rainbow spot, where the place eventually died. Bad move.

In any case, my Enviro instructor, Pops, has been talking a lot about filmmaking and composition, so when I pulled this down and started watching it, I could see a lot more than I was aware of way back when. And, in fact, I was compelled to take a few notes on a handful of scenes that really caught my eye. Sort of like crude storyboards. It's a skill I need to develop, honestly, so I might as well get started on it.

They're not much to look at, but if you know the movie you might recognize the scenes.




No comments: